Saturday, February 13, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Linux+ certification

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "ironmantis7x" <ironmantis7x@...> wrote:
>
> I want to get a Linux+ certification. Is this something that is worth it??
>

Mantis,
Well, I guess I would ask what goal(s) you are pursuing in wanting to get Linux+? I don't have anything against CompTia (creator of that cert), but I wonder if you might get more mileage internationally with an LPI (Linux Professional Institude) or other cert.

I am not sure where you stay, but the is a study group planning to resume in April and it happens that we are going to begin Redhat Certified Engineer studies (RHCE). The class will be at a cost but since its planned to be a night class in downtown Denver, its going to be less expensive than the 5+ day classes people normally see.

FWIW,
Jon

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment