Thursday, February 11, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux, Samba, KlamAV and Windows Home

 

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

spell_slinger_71 wrote:
>
>
> Ok, I have been surfing the web and can't seem to lick this problem. I
> have Samba Server working on my computer. I can connect and mount the
> Windoze box's share folders. I can even create folders on the Windoze
> machine but if I try and run KlamAV is can not access the folders. When
> I run a ls -l on the mounting point and files in it is showing
> privileges 755 which I can not change. I have checked the Win box and
> the username I access it with has Full Access. I am connecting using
> smbmount with gid and uid arguments for my Linux login name. The Samba
> is running with read-only=no in the global configurations. What am I
> doing wrong?
>

It works for me, without any problem.

On my Windows Vista machine, I opened up Norton AV, and selected a
custom scan. Then I flipped through the directory tree and opened
'Network', which displayed all three of the computers on my Office
subnet, the one named CentOS, being my Linux Samba Shares. I opened
CentOS, selected a file, and Norton ran a scan on the file, no problem
at all.

- --
- -wittig
http://www.robertwittig.com/
http://robertwittig.net/
http://robertwittig.org/
.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with CentOS - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEVAwUBS3Qk7P9qkhAVPSgqAQKJiggAgYZCE/urnxrQqVQ8aJAGQHhL5yx3+sXg
UkJAlas6FVI6J5ELT736CYllXl83yrwalJp1C9iwA8loec9cXvycUTDY7Db+wu3g
UvygYaygcIev2LhsOzcNIGk8ZzrJ7jxsKjAHzbcCXJNiBQgRrK1wJsy4PqRe2M+Y
rCJ1hgl0kipVPZVJN4tf1cEAmiMNU02CDtEz1/6OUBAU+ouDRfo3/94n+IaYZYOi
o7GfGUM4k55nfRU8dAzy2piijO3XyjT+ypINkST2+nCjeIios558TNl6dsQVjV0J
nVecJabw3mdAFbwNyfX44jBxjZWIxJ161H0i44OSRS9g0/Lu9LwXzA==
=mbJo
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment