Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RE: [LINUX_Newbies] Question About MySQL and PHP

 

For MySQL http://www.mysql.com/downloads/ if you are looking for a hosting service you might check out http://www.hasweb.com/ they are linux based web host provider, and I believe the sql backend is included with most plans.

-----Original Message-----
From: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of BearJerCares
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 12:11 PM
To: Linux_Newbies
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Question About MySQL and PHP

I saw the controversy about the software development questions, but I
have a rather simple question (I think).

I am wanting to establish a web server (or have someone else host) where
my family tree will be featured. There is a software program called TNG
(the Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding) which requires MySQL and
PHP. So, based on what I read, can I purchase this software, use it and
run it on my own Suse Linux Enterprise Server machine, even prior to
implementation on whichever web server I implement on? My programming
experience has only been introductory in nature.

If anyone wants to take a quick look at what I'm talking about, the
software is featured at: http://www.lythgoes.net/genealogy/software.php

Thanks,

Jerry in Michigan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment