Thursday, February 11, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux, Samba, KlamAV and Windows Home

 

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:40, Robert C Wittig
<wittig.robert@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Ok, I have been surfing the web and can't seem to lick this problem. I
>> have Samba Server working on my computer. I can connect and mount the
>> Windoze box's share folders. I can even create folders on the Windoze
>> machine but if I try and run KlamAV is can not access the folders. When
>> I run a ls -l on the mounting point and files in it is showing
>> privileges 755 which I can not change. I have checked the Win box and
>> the username I access it with has Full Access. I am connecting using
>> smbmount with gid and uid arguments for my Linux login name. The Samba
>> is running with read-only=no in the global configurations. What am I
>> doing wrong?
>>
>
> It works for me, without any problem.
>
> On my Windows Vista machine, I opened up Norton AV, and selected a
> custom scan. Then I flipped through the directory tree and opened
> 'Network', which displayed all three of the computers on my Office
> subnet, the one named CentOS, being my Linux Samba Shares. I opened
> CentOS, selected a file, and Norton ran a scan on the file, no problem
> at all.

He's doing it in the other direction though, Robert. He's going from
the Linux system to the windows system, running KlamAV from linux
against a mounted Windows folder...

I think it's a permissions thing somewhere along the line, either on
the windows share on the windows side, or on the local mount point
(though usually the mounted share overrides existing permissions on a
mount point...

--

Samuel Goldwyn - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment