Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linksys install disk

 

Hello,

--- On Wed, 2/10/10, davyp <davidp@cablerocket.com> wrote:

I've been trying to install a Linksys wireless-g PCI Adapter Model

wmp54g5.

With no luck .

Question

1) Do I have to reinstall windows, so I can install using the install

disk, or dose Linux have a similar type application

2) The program I'm using is UBUNTU-9.10- d

====
Hello,

Sometimes wi-fi cards need the Windows drivers, but all I did with Mint
was to add Wine, PlayOnLinux from the Ubuntu/Mint repository.  Then I
downloaded the driver from the manufactuer's website.  Later when I
clicked on it Ndiswrapper took care of it with the help of Wine.

Of course, since it's a Linksis or Cisco wi-fi card there should be a
Linux driver for it already to download if it can't see it, don't
forget to add the Wep or other security key for your router.

 

Good Luck,
Joan in Reno

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment