Saturday, February 20, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re:USB Webcam Problem

 

I tried using my slug once for a web cam. I tried several different
cameras, and it seemed that some would work and some wouldn't. The ones
that didn't work would only give me part of a picture, or a corrupted
one like you got. I finally decided that the ones that worked probably
had an internal memory buffer that could feed the frame to the slug at
it's own pace. For the ones that wouldn't work, I figured that the slug
just couldn't keep up with the data being fed to it because it was
coming directly from the imaging sensor at a fixed rate.

At least that's my theory. I finally lost interest and went to a
different project. :^)

--
.
------------------------------
Random Quote of the Day:
10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.
------------------------------

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment