Friday, June 25, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] New member and new to Linux

 

Hello everyone:

It's time for me to introduce myself to this good yahoo group: My name
is Jack I'm in New York City and I've been computing for some time now.

I have a dual OS, XP and Ubuntu 9.04. I am new to Linux and I am trying to learn more about it. I do not know which Linux magazine to buy, but I bought Linux Journal this evening.

What fascinates me about Linux is the command line and the fact that a Linux user has more control over his computer, unlike other systems that try's to control the computer for you.

I have a few questions, so I'll send them on a separate post.

Thank you,
Jack R

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment