Monday, June 28, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ready to install Linux

 

I will comment on only one thing below then let the rest of the
rant go. I recommend Ubuntu and use it so I resent being
categorized as lazy and unethical because I use and recommend
Mint. I repeat my point that it is disingenuous to slap Mint around
because (1) they were 16 days later than Ubuntu and (2) they use
proprietary codecs that you use also.

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I was NOT having a bad day. My problem is not with Mint but Mint USERS who
> advocate it on the basis that you do not need to install codecs as if this
> is some kind of virtue.
<snip>

> Mint's
> attitude re: proprietary drivers and codecs like its users seems to be based
> on laziness and in the long run will work against Linux users.
>
> I find it entirely hypocritical that the US under the guise of ACTA is
> pushing the rest of the world most of which do NOT accept the idea of
> software patents and DRM to adopt harsh penalties and Mint which is a US
> distribution

It is so easy to determine that this statement is not true that
it points out exactly my point. You have an axe to grind and have
done ZERO research. Otherwise you would know that Mint is not
in any way a US distribution.

> <mega-biased crap snip>
> Roy

Roy,
You have an axe to grind. You have done it. Let's move on and
not waste the group's time. If you ever want to actually learn
something about Mint, please let me know. If you want to continue
this inane rant, please DON'T let me know.

BTW, I look forward to your next non-Mint post. In general you
have very enlightening posts. I personally have learned a lot from
you and look forward to doing so in the future. I really do
respect you, just not on this particular rant.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment