Monday, June 28, 2010

[nslu2-linux] permission problem with "screen" command and normal user

 


I have been using SlugOS/BE modded nslu2 for over a year and it is a really
great file sharing/backup/download solution.

One thing that keeps puzzling me is that everytime after I start a screen
terminal ("$ screen -S rsync" for example) as a normal/non-privileged user,
none of the direction keys (up,down,left, and right) work. The error message
from the terminal shows:
": stuff: permission denied (user teetee)"
//"teetee" is my user account on nslu2

I confirm it's a pure permission problem by running screen with root account
and everything in the root screen terminal works fine(have direction
navigation).

When I searched online, nothing directly related to my problem showed.
However I did learned that "stuff" is like a function in screen which
controls the copy/paste function of the terminal.

I am thinking it might have something to do with the screen terminal's
permission under /dev but then after messing around that (changed permission
on /dev/pts*), I could not log in through ssh and had to re-flash the
system.

Any ideas?

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/permission-problem-with-%22screen%22-command-and-normal-user-tp29017324p29017324.html
Sent from the Nslu2 - Linux mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment