Monday, June 28, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mint--and a nagging Gnome glitch you may be able to solve...

 

Roy--

Thanks for the tip, but I tried it (again--I did once before too) and no dice.

This machine will be replaced during my trip back to the States a
month from now, so I'm not overly worried about it. When I set up the
new one, I'll probably have KDE as the primary desktop again.

With the new one, I'll likely set it up also to boot into
Enlightenment. I'm just not all that impressed with Gnome anyway--it's
okay, certainly, but not all that special, and not as well integrated
as KDE is, it seems to me.

Of course, with the next generation Gnome on the horizon, I'll give
that a shot when it is actually out the door.

With the new, fresh install on the new machine, though, I doubt
seriously it'll be likely to have these glitches.

David

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
>
> I use apt-fast and really like it. If there is a problem with a GNOME
> setting then you could try removing the .gnome2 folder. This will delete
> your setting but it could clear up the problem. Sometimes when you switch
> from one distribution and keep the same home folder it will cause problems
> like this. I am not sure if this is the case here, but it would not hurt to
> start with fresh GNOMe settings.
>
> Roy

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment