Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] resolution issues in ubuntu 9.10

 

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 14:50, Anjum <anjumshabbirbhatti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> can any body help me in the following scenario:

Not with the information you've provided... please see below:

> I have installed ubuntu 9.10 on my pc. I installed graphics card drivers for my nvidia (MSI MS-StarForce Geforce FX 5500) card but i am not able to increase
> resolution beyond 800x600, plz any body help me with this problem,

All I know so far is that you're running Ubuntu 9.10 with a GeForce FX5500.

What drivers did you install?
Where did you get them?
How did you install them?
Are they even loaded?

Look in /var/log for a file called Xorg.0.log. This is the log for
your currently running X session (GUI). Look in that log for a line
that is similar to this:

(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules/nvidia_drv.so
(II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

Those lines tell you what driver is being loaded for your card. NOTE
that your lines will be SIMILAR but may not be the same. In my case,
I'm loading the proprietary nVidia drivers for a GT240 card.

That part of the log tells you what driver is being loaded, where it's
being loaded from (/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules) and who made the
driver.

Also, click on System/Administration/Hardware Drivers

that tool should show you the proprietary nVidia driver. is it marked
as enabled?

Cheers
Jeff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment