Saturday, June 19, 2010

[nslu2-linux] JTAG access with a ByteBlaster MV

 

This topic seems to have come up several times over the years but there never is a definitive answer. I'm trying to access the NSLU2 via JTAG as described in the wiki using a ByteBlaster MV. Using JTAG Tools 0.5.1 (Ubuntu 9.04 install), when I issue a "detect" command, the jtag tool pauses for a bit but then returns having detected nothing.

I've tried both with and without Vcc (as indicated here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-linux/message/8129).

I've also tried clocking down the JTAG chain as low as 100KHz. Nothing seems to make a difference. Poking a bit with a scope, I can watch the JTAG clock become active during the detection period.

While I'm twiddling JTAG, the processor appears to boot and does eventually turn the ready/status light green and make its power-up "beep".

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd really appreciate any pointers.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment