Thursday, February 7, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Distribution Question

 


I've been reading a Linux newbie guide and I'm trying to decide which distro to use. Toward the bottom of this page http://tinyurl.com/a57w9ln there is a chart makes reference to dependency problems and in Chapter 8 the "Dependency Hell" of RPM based distributions is mentioned.

How worried should I be about the dependency issue?

Since I am a complete newbie and not really a computer wiz would I be better off getting a store bought distribution which would have a lot of pre-loaded applications?

I found this groups link to the Top Ten Distributions. That is a lot of information to digest. I know there can be no definitive answer to this question and I don't want to start a flame war but I would be interested in hearing some advice on which distribution to choose.

My thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer my newbie question.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment