Sunday, February 24, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: A Cautionary Tale

 

>
> > So, I'm going back to installing WinXP on this laptop, starting with
Win98/SE
> > and then upgrading to WinXP/HE. Sure hope this works as I need to have
a fully
> > functional laptop.
> >
> > It's not as though I'm new to computers. I've been around them since
1968,
> > starting with punched tape and converted RTTY terminals for
input/output, then
> > an IBM 360/370 with punched cards, then a Xerox 560 with punched cards
and APL,
> > then the Atari 800, then the original IBM PC, etc. The last OS I had
full
> > confidence in was Win98/SE, and prior to that it was DOS 6.22.
>
>
> Hello,Did you try some of the Puppy Linux versions to get that modem and
printer
> going?Joan in Reno
>

Not even going to bother. The documentation for Linux is almost
non-existent, and I have to be online to get any help at all. Not very
useful when you can't get online.

What printer? I never mentioned a printer, just a modem.

Chris

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment