Saturday, February 9, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Whining About Wine

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Scott wrote:
>
> I don't use wine very much, and have found it to work about half the time
> on the specific applications that I've tried.
>
> I just run wine file. It will then almost always give
> some errors, but if I'm lucky, I'll see that I now have a
> $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/whatever
>
> It may be this particular program doesn't work with wine. Somewhere on
> their site, they have a list of many Windows programs with descriptions of
> how well they work or don't work.
>
>
> --
> Scott Robbins

I had to run a file viewer in Wine once and I found an application called winetricks was helpful in getting it to work for me.

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

It didn't make me feel any less dirty though.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment