Sunday, February 10, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Whining About Wine

 

>
> >
> > > I just run wine file. It will then almost always give
> > > some errors, but if I'm lucky, I'll see that I now have a
> > > $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/whatever
> > >
> >
> > I take it that command line is written in the terminal function.
>
> That's correct. You shouldn't have to use sudo either, it should install
> the application in your .wine directory. Note the period before the
> directory name, that means it is a hidden file.
>

!!!!! That part I did not know. I assumed that it was going to be in the C:\Program Files folder. So it may already be there. I'll have a look later after some parts arrive. I'm swapping between two hard drives (one with Win7 and the other with Linux) and I'm concerned about damaging one of them, so I have a spare adapter strip and caddy for this Dell laptop in the mail.

Chris

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment