Saturday, February 9, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Whining About Wine

 

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 06:00:17PM -0700, Chris Trask wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > It goes
> through
> > > all of the proper setup stages, asking for this and that plus the serial
> > > number. When it's done, there isn't a single item loaded on the hard
> drive
> > > and the icon in the program list diappears when you click on it.
> > >
> > >
> > > So, how do you install a Windows application on a machine with
> LinuxMint
> > > and Wine installed when the application has a setup.exe file?
> >
> >
> > I just run wine file. It will then almost always give
> > some errors, but if I'm lucky, I'll see that I now have a
> > $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/whatever
> >
>
> I take it that command line is written in the terminal function.

That's correct. You shouldn't have to use sudo either, it should install
the application in your .wine directory. Note the period before the
directory name, that means it is a hidden file.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Willow: I just talked to Buffy, and yeah, I think she's feeling a
little... insane. No, not bitchy crazy, more like homicidal
maniac crazy. So I told her to come see you, 'kay?

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment