Saturday, February 9, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Whining About Wine

 

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 03:46:38PM -0700, Chris Trask wrote:

>
> Now I'm having all sorts of trouble installing a Windows application.
> I've tried twice, using the applications setup.exe file. It goes through
> all of the proper setup stages, asking for this and that plus the serial
> number. When it's done, there isn't a single item loaded on the hard drive
> and the icon in the program list diappears when you click on it.
>
>
> So, how do you install a Windows application on a machine with LinuxMint
> and Wine installed when the application has a setup.exe file?

I don't use wine very much, and have found it to work about half the time
on the specific applications that I've tried.

I just run wine file. It will then almost always give
some errors, but if I'm lucky, I'll see that I now have a
$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/whatever

It may be this particular program doesn't work with wine. Somewhere on
their site, they have a list of many Windows programs with descriptions of
how well they work or don't work.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Spike: I did a couple of slayers in my time. I don't like to
brag. Who am I kidding? I love to brag. One time, during the
Boxer Rebellion...

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment