Sunday, February 17, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: LinuxMint 14 vs. Google Earth

 

>
> Well, I'm satisfied that LinuxMint 14 will suit my needs, but I have run into a problem
> running Google Earth. It starts up okay, but all I see on the globe is political boundaries,
> roads/streets, etc. but no terrain (satellite imagery). I cannot find any intelligible help
> in the various forums, so I thought I would ask here.
>
> What I get when I start Google Earth is an error message stating "DirectX mode not
> supported", and one of the suggestions is to download and install DirectX 9.0c, with no URL
> provided.
>
> I don't want to download and install any Windows plugins unless I know they are
> appropriate for use with LinuxMint.
>

Never mind, I fixed it. Sort of. Seems that Google Earth 7.0 has some serious problems with Linux. I stumbled on to a link for downloading GoogleEarthLinux.bin, which installs GE 6.2. It worked immediately.

Chris

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment