Monday, April 19, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] file encryption in Fedora / Ubuntu

 

I have been using Ubuntu, but also have Fedora installed. I have several
folders that I have encrypted using Cryptkeeper and would like to access
them from Fedora. One use of such folders is to encrypt cloud data for
Dropbox and Ubuntu One by placing those folders inside my encrypted folder.
However, I need to re-boot and switch to Ubuntu if I want to do this. I have
installed fuse-excrypfs in Fedora but am not much with the commandline and
mounting file systems, some of which require root access and others that do
not. It is way too complicated and much easier to re-boot. I have also tried
to install Cryptkeeper, but it requires GTK+2.0 and although it is installed
the installer can''t find it which leads me to believe it is located
somewhere unusual.

I could move to another encryption method that has a GUI, but Cryptkeeper is
just so easy to use. Any suggestions? The ideal solution would be to use the
same one in both Fedora and Ubuntu.

Roy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment