Monday, April 19, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re: Poor man's iolan?

 



You might want to take a look at the program ser2net. I think it would help make this happen. If it is not in the feeds, it can be built from source easily.
Steve

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, DaylanDarby <DaylanDarby@...> wrote:
>
> I'm looking to convert one of my slugs to a poor man's iolan (with 2 USB
> ports).
>
> I figure to do this I need 'screen' (or equivalent) and serial and
> network drivers - nothing else.
>
> Has anyone been able to embed a stripped down debian on the box itself
> (no external drives)?
>
> If so I'd like a pointer to your URL or information on how to do this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daylan
>
> PS. I know that I can do with with a single USB port (the other with a
> thumb drive for debian) and I assume I could do this with a hub, but I'm
> interested if a stripped down embedded debian is possible
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment