Saturday, April 24, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Trying to install debian on an NSLU2

 

Hello

I am trying to upgrade an NSLU2 with unslung firmware following the
suggestions on http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/unpack.html.

The NSLU2 was some time ago flashed with the unslung firmware and has
no external storage.

Under the heading "Boot the system" I put the slug into upgrade mode
and tried writing the lenny firmware with the command

# upslug2 -i nslu2debfirmware_sda2-2.6.26-19
[no NSLU2 machines found in upgrade mode]

I then try

# upslug2 --target="00:0F:66:7F:95:31" \
-i nslu2debfirmware_sda2-2.6.26-19
Upgrading LKG7F9531 00:0f:66:7f:95:31
. original flash contents * packet timed out
! being erased - erased
u being upgraded U upgraded
v being verified V verified

Display:
<status> <address completed>+<bytes transmitted but not completed>
Status:
* timeout occured + sequence error detected

* 0+000000 ........................................................

Hangs with above message on screen. I left the process running for 15
minutes and the slug's ethernet light was gaily flashing away, so a
conversation was in progress. I am assuming that there was an infinite
retry sequence in progress. When power-cycled the slug happily boots
into its unslung linux.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to try next. The message
that I am seeing is not the one shown on
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html
The zero offset is probably trying to tell me something but I would
appreciate some help in making progress.

Is jffs2 perhaps a factor here?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

TIA

Don Sharp

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment