Thursday, April 15, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Top posting and lists; was: Re: Creating SSH key

If it is a technical forum bottom posting is a real pain, especially if
someone has posting a long listing of output from a terminal or a script. If
I am on my netbook then I have to scroll on a small screen to the bottom to
see what is most important. After scrolling then I find that it is a
question that I can't or don't want to answer. What a waste of time, IMO. I
like to know upfront whether it is worth my time getting involved and to do
it in as little time as possible.

I am not sure whether having rules are realistic given the nature of the
beast, a forum for newbies. BTW, is this a technical or non-technical forum?
:)

I am not trying to start something. I just want things to be clear. You
bottom posted. The person before posted inline and I am top posting. It
makes you wonder.

Roy

On 15 April 2010 10:40, loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
> >
> > Fire away! I can take it!
> >
> > I am not sure where we stand re: posting rules. Are we top posting,
> bottom
> > posting or posting inline? I belong to several groups and almost all top
> > post. Inconsistency is not a problem if there are no rules, but if one
> has
> > one set of rules and another has a different set then it is a problem, as
> it
> > is hard to keep things straight when I access several from Gmail, several
> > more from RSS feed and even more in various forums. It boggles my mind to
> > keep it all straight as it is.
> >
> > Roy
> > <snip>
>
> Roy,
> I don't find it an issue: Technical forum? bottom post. Non-tech?
> top post. Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Loyal
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment