Sunday, April 25, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Can you fatten my slugs?

 

Hi guise,

I have 3 memory chips for sale at €1 each. I just don't need them so take it if you need. Paypal accepted, etc.

TC

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Steve <steve@pipework.ca> wrote:
 



:) I'm with you! I have done the conversion on a few slugs and must tell you, it is neither easy or cheap. The memory chips cost about $50CDN and it takes about 2 hours to do it by hand. It then takes testing to ensure that all is well. There are no heat issues by the way.

The processor used has limitations that make it necessary to limit memory usage to 128M maximum. That said, my 256M one has never had any problems. 128M is enough to eliminate all swapping for typical use. I have had apache, vsftpd, samba all running while compiling a kernel on a 128M slug and it worked without swapping.

I did a number of conversions for people some years ago. I hope they have worked for them; I never heard back and prefer to assume the best. :)

This is all detailed in the wiki in various places.

Steve



--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Kolbjørn Barmen <nslu2-linux@...> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, j wrote:
>
> > Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
> > > I'm looking for someone to fatten my three slugs :)
> > >
> >
> > why not just buy something like the asus WL500GP ?
>
> Because I already got an WL500GX (+WLHDD and more) to cover my MIPS needs?
>
> Yes, the sheevaplug is nice, but I'd rather have the geekplug. And since
> I'm a weirdo I might even get the OpenRD too, since it spesifically says
> that is supports bigendian mode, which I for mysterious reasons like to
> build gentoo packages for.
>
> Really, you dont need to resque me out of my insanity :)
>
> -- kolla
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment