Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] display set up

 

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:43:40PM -0000, John wrote:
> I am using an IBM G41 w/ 9.10. Somehow I screwed up when I was testing
> a few CRT monitors. If I do not connect an external monitor the computer stops w/ nothing on the screen. With an external I get some boxes that has "use generic config" "troubleshoot config." etc.
> I also get a "can not see video display,low graphics etc" and then "use a generic config for one time" BUT when I go into the display config
> all I get is "unknown", 0Hz and I can not get it to detect anything.
> what am I doing wrong?

Not familiar with the machine, I assume it's a laptop? If so, did you
possibly hit Fn F6 (usually) to switch display from LCD to external?

(This is just a guess, not knowing the G41, but I know that it happens
frequently--that is, people hitting Fn+Fwhatever, usually 6 and turning
off the laptop's display.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Buffy: I can't believe you got into Oxford!
Willow: It's pretty exciting.
Oz: That's some deep academia there.
Buffy: That's where they make Gileses!
Willow: I know! I can learn, and have scones!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment