Friday, April 23, 2010

[nslu2-linux] mpd and streamcast?

 

Looking for anyone who has experience setting up their Slug (under Unslung 6.10) with mpd and an icecast server. I've got mpd 0.15.9 successfully running, but it appears any attempt to shout a stream at icecast results mpd using floating-point math to transcode the stream for icecast.

I know that mpd's native http stream server is probably not an option, again, due to the use of floating-point math.

I've gotten another mp3 stream solution running successfully (pyTivo uses ffmpeg to transcode mp3s to TiVos in my home successfully), so I know that can be done successfully. I've also found anecdotal indications on the wiki that icecast can be run successfully, but no clear indication of whether I can feed icecast with mpd on the Slug.

Thanks to anyone who can offer guidance.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment