Monday, April 26, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Help with IceS - PERL quesion

 

   I'm guessing whoever compiled Ices 0.4 for the unslung ipkg feed may not get these messages from the Yahoo group.

   Anyone else out there able to lend a hand?

   Much obliged...

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:58 AM, threeeyedtoad <threeeyedtoad@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I believe I'm very, very close to solving the problem of streaming music via icecast while using mpd as the playlist manager - with no transcoding.

My success currently seems to hinge on being able to use a PERL module written for use with Ices0.

I've successfully installed Ices0 (0.4-1) from the ipkg feed for unslung. However, when I attempt to use ices with the PERL module I have, I receive this message:

Initialization of playlist handler failed. [This binary has no support for embedded perl]
Ices Exiting...

A quick search on this error reveals that I may be looking at a re-compile:

http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6799

http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices0/INSTALL

I know Ices does work on my Slug without attempting to use the PERL module, as I've tested it with Icecast, and it works fine.

Please, please - would it be possible for the maintainer of the ipkg feed to add in support for PERL to Ices0?

It all feels so very, very close...


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment