Sunday, July 25, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Kernal error

 

Dear Ex,

My installation is rather new, about 10 days old, and I took a somewhat different path to installation. I had previously partitioned my HD, and I took the easy install way using a "live DVD" from Linux Mag Dec. 09, installing 9-10. I updated it almost immediately, and then up-graded to 10-04. Incidentally, 9-10 would't recognize my New ACER monitor but 10-04 did.

This required hours of down-loading via "satellite connection" but it did provide hours of road-testing. So far so good except I can't access my floppy drive. (Apparently a known problem, not just the absence of the floppy module. Known but not solved to my knowledge.)

My MB is ASUS M3N72-D

Good Luck

Rex Backus

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "xmote" <xmote@...> wrote:
>
> I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on 64bit AMD three times in the past 4 months. Has anyone been getting errors with panic kernals after updates. I am unable to pin down which update its causing this. I would be willing to try another flavor of linux.
>
> Computer specs
> HP
> AMD 64bit 2x 2ghz
> 6 gigs of ram
> 3 TB hard drive space.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment