Monday, July 19, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Viideo containers

 

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 07:59:18PM -0000, grantrocket2 wrote:
> I have been using mint 9 with kdenlive to edit 720p hd video. I rendered my 4minute long project as .avi (600 some mb) and its takeing forever to upload to youtube. Is there any better compressed file format? If so what wouuld be the termanal command to convert it? Or the format to re render it as?
>

I don't know about better formats--avi seems fairly standard (though I
don't know about YouTube), but ffmpeg will convert just about anything.
In its simplest form, the command is ffmpeg -i myfile.myformat
myfile.newformat. For example:

ffmpeg -in movie.avi movie.jpg

There are all sorts of parameters one can give it--the man page is like
a long book. :) There are some decent tutorials around, such as

http://howto-pages.org/ffmpeg/

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Cordelia: Oh my god! She killed him! (touches dust) Oops. My
bad. It's just dust. I forgot to clean under the rug.
Doyle: What are you trying to give me a heart attack?
Cordelia: Hey, don't blame me if he's too cheap to hire a cleaning
lady.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment