Friday, July 9, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Migrating Windoze users to Linux

 

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 04:58 +0000, iloveubuntulinux wrote:

>
>
> Clay
>
> Your post made me think. For me it was the opposite: I am an excellent
> programmer and can think algorithmically and read almost any code and
> understand what it is doing (except for some that addresses hardware
> directly)...But the point you made me think about is: what makes some
> people unable to see and understand how code and computer stuff works?
> For some reason I can play around with computers, even Windoze ones
> and get them to work or figure out what is wrong
>

This is getting a bit off topic, so I'll keep it brief.
For me, and many others I guess, the problem is called dyscalculia,
acalculia or math disability. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia

It had my teachers at school confounded. They said "you have a high IQ,
so why can't you do arithmetic?" What? Fancy asking an 11 year old a
question like that. Anyway, it's very frustrating at times. I've bought
so many books to see if there was some approach that would work. None so
far have shed much light on the mystery of numbers and related subjects.
I fix clocks for a living, so it doesn't impinge there much. But
elsewhere in life, one too often comes away from some event feeling like
a real dill. Tax time is a very uncomfortable time for me.

Clay.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment