Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 can't shutdown and restart

As I said my netbook running 10.04 works just fine. I can shut my netbook
and it picks up right away after inputting my password. This is the way it
should work. The only thing that I can say that is different is that I am
NOT running UNE, but full GNOME. I gave up on UNE because I don't like the
interface and prefer regular GNOME to the big clunky UNE icons. Perhaps
installing Ubuntu Desktop would add a package that you are missing.

Roy

On 21 July 2010 17:55, taufiqbanua_78 <taufiq.1978@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com <LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:
> >
> > This used to be an issue with older versions of Ubuntu. It works just
> fine
> > for me under 10.04 on my eeePC 901 and have not heard anyone else having
> > problems. Is this a WUBI installation by any chance?
> >
> > Roy
>
> >
> > On 17 July 2010 12:24, taufiqbanua_78 <taufiq.1978@...> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi.... i'm really a newbie.i already installed ubuntu 10.04 in netbook.
> if
> > > i use it for long time, it usually can't shutdown and
> restart...hibernate
> > > and sleep function very well
> > >
> > > please help me..
> > >
> > > warm greeting from me, Taufiq.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> it isn't wubi... i installed it single boot...what's the problem?some of my
> friends also experienced this
>
> any advice???
>
> thanks
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment