Thursday, July 15, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Mandriva spring 2010 install problems

 

Hello,
I am a newbie and have been trying to install different distros over the last year or so to find one I like. Have Mandriva 2008 on another computer and have had a lot of luck setting things up so I figured I would try to install Mandriva Spring 2010 i586 dvd on my main dual boot system. I downloaded the DVD iso, checked the MD5, and burned to a disc. Installation got up to the bootloader and got this error.
mkinitrd failed Cmkinitrd -v-f /boot/ initrd -2.6.33.5
desktop -2mnb.img 2.6.33.5 -desktop-2mnb
Went and tried to do the install again but kept coming up with the same error. Any suggestion?? Have been thinking about downloading the cd version and trying that but haven't yet.I backed out of the install and loaded up Ubuntu, with no problems, but don't really care for it too much, will have to play around with it and see if my opinion changes

Thanks,
Dave

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment