Wednesday, July 28, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Kernal error

 

I have tried a little different approach as well to my testing. I have installed Oracle virtual box and installed Ubuntu one more time on it. This way i can keep copies of the OS on hand if it needs to be replaced. Down time is not really an option for me i have put it on the Vista Business platform. I will convert over once i figure out what is hold me up. I have Fios 35M up/down pipe at my house. I will be looking foward to Ubuntu 10.10.

Don

In the process i will take everyone suggestions in my trouble shooting quest and apply it to the VM>

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "quixote2337" <rabackus@...> wrote:
>
> Dear Ex,
>
> My installation is rather new, about 10 days old, and I took a somewhat different path to installation. I had previously partitioned my HD, and I took the easy install way using a "live DVD" from Linux Mag Dec. 09, installing 9-10. I updated it almost immediately, and then up-graded to 10-04. Incidentally, 9-10 would't recognize my New ACER monitor but 10-04 did.
>
> This required hours of down-loading via "satellite connection" but it did provide hours of road-testing. So far so good except I can't access my floppy drive. (Apparently a known problem, not just the absence of the floppy module. Known but not solved to my knowledge.)
>
> My MB is ASUS M3N72-D
>
> Good Luck
>
> Rex Backus
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "xmote" <xmote@> wrote:
> >
> > I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on 64bit AMD three times in the past 4 months. Has anyone been getting errors with panic kernals after updates. I am unable to pin down which update its causing this. I would be willing to try another flavor of linux.
> >
> > Computer specs
> > HP
> > AMD 64bit 2x 2ghz
> > 6 gigs of ram
> > 3 TB hard drive space.
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment