Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] usb to serial converters

 

Most likely you'll have to have some RS-232 Serial device plugged in before it will be seen.  Then you might have to load some programs that will use it.  Is it a printer, modem, or some specialized device?

Joan in Reno

--- On Tue, 7/20/10, James Jolin <jjolin@itol.com> wrote:

From: James Jolin <jjolin@itol.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] usb to serial converters
To: "Linux Newbies" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 1:50 PM

 

I don't recall this ever being brought up before so here goes. I have a

usb to serial dongle. How do I get linux mint (or anyother distro) to

see this device? I have Windows XP running in VirtualBox and I figure I

have to get working in linux before I can use it in VirtualBox.

Have I got this right?

Jim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment