Sunday, July 18, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Ubuntu 10.04

 

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 09:44:24AM -0600, Earle wrote:
> Received a nice Ubuntu 10.04 LTS CD from Canonical in the Netherlands. Can I try this out as a live CD without installing it? As a complete newbie, I don't want to mess up my Apple Mac before I know what I'm getting into. I know I can buy a live CD from OSD but I'm anxious to try this out.
> Earle

Yes, it enables you to boot, and one of the choices, (I think) is try
Ubuntu without affecting your computer.

>
Even if you don't have that choice, you will boot into an Ubuntu system,
but it is running completely from the CD. You'll see an option to
install Ubuntu, but as long as you don't click it, it will do nothing to
your computer.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Riley: Way I heard it. You were all peaceable now. You didn't by
any chance go and lose that pesky soul again, did you?
Angel: Don't push me, boy.
Riley: Now what possibly could've happened with Buffy that would
make you lose your soul?
Angel: That'd be between me and her.
Riley: Where do you think you're going?
Angel: Going to see an old girlfriend.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment