Thursday, July 29, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Mail server on the NSLU2

 


> I have set up my Slug (SlugOs 4.8) as an imap mail server with
> fetchmail, imap and procmail. Mail can be accessed from the LAN.
>
> I need to access my mail from the internet as well. What is the best
> sollution:
> i. set up the imap server to receive connections from the internet
> or
> ii. use a mail client like mutt running on the slug through an ssh
> connection
>
I use the 2nd setup for best flexibility, but also tunnel imap over
ssh. Another option could be to use squirrelmail if you want to setup a
web server on the slug. I've done that in the past also, but prefer the
imap over ssh setup.

regards,

- brendon.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment