Tuesday, July 2, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Dumping Microsoft!

 

After more than 20 years of growing antipathy toward Microsoft, I am ready to bail!

I have a Dell laptop with XP that's growing long in the tooth, which I have been relatively happy with for ten years or so, and a one-year old cheap desktop with Win 7, which I do not like, as MS had removed many of the useful features I liked in XP. They don't play well together on the same WiFi network.

I've used Win 8, and I would not spend a dime to upgrade to it from anything!

I see two choices: buy MacIntosh or convert both current machines to Linux.

I do consider myself computer-literate, but I'm afraid I may be suffering from too much Microsoftening of the head.

My Linux plan would be to first convert the desktop, but keep all my current work on the laptop, then when comfortable, put all mu current work on the desktop, and finally, convert the laptop.

I'd appreciate any advice, especially from those who have made the conversion.

Thanks to all,

Tom Barbour

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment