Saturday, July 6, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mounting the floppy drive

Loyal,,
No I looked at /dev with midnight commander. I do see the floppy in
/etc/fstab. I will run the mount command and see what happens.
Thanks.

Jim




On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM, loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, James Jolin <james.jolin@...> wrote:
> >
> > I am using Mint 13 and I tried to mount the floppy using the mount
> > command. The floppy is in the media directory, but not in the dev
> > directory. In fact there is not any devices in the dev directory. I think
> > I've forgotten some basic linux stuff. Need someone to quick start my
> > brain.
> > Jim wa9arb
> > <snip>
>
> When you checked for devices under /dev, did you use a command similar
> to the following:
>
> sudo ls /dev
>
> There are always entries under /dev. I have not used a floppy in a
> while but I believe they are listed as /dev/fd*. However another
> way you can check given that it shows up as mounted under /media
> is just the command "mount" which will tell you everything mounted
> currently.
>
> Hope this is what you are looking for.
>
> Loyal
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment