Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Dumping Microsoft!

 



hello
my advice
I am Linux beginner

First keep ms
and try Linux Live CD

then decide
delete ms
or
install Linux and keep ms
until You do not need ms

regards
sophie

Am 03.07.2013 08:38, schrieb Paul:
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>, "tbarbour2001" <tabarbour@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > After more than 20 years of growing antipathy toward Microsoft, I am
> ready to bail!
> >
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP that's growing long in the tooth, which
> I have been relatively happy with for ten years or so, and a one-year
> old cheap desktop with Win 7, which I do not like, as MS had removed
> many of the useful features I liked in XP. They don't play well together
> on the same WiFi network.
> >
> > I've used Win 8, and I would not spend a dime to upgrade to it from
> anything!
> >
> > I see two choices: buy MacIntosh or convert both current machines to
> Linux.
> >
> > I do consider myself computer-literate, but I'm afraid I may be
> suffering from too much Microsoftening of the head.
> >
> > My Linux plan would be to first convert the desktop, but keep all my
> current work on the laptop, then when comfortable, put all mu current
> work on the desktop, and finally, convert the laptop.
> >
> > I'd appreciate any advice, especially from those who have made the
> conversion.
> >
> > Thanks to all,
> >
> > Tom Barbour
> >
>
> I made the conversion quite some time ago but I still remember it. Don't
> plan on dumping Microsoft cold turkey. It will take you some time to
> come fully up to speed running Linux. How much time depends on how much
> effort you put into it. But you shouldn't feel like you're behind the 8
> ball as far as getting Linux fully working for you.
>
> What I'm saying is plan on easing into Linux somewhat. I mean you can
> just go whole hog, but I'd imagine going that route could be somewhat
> stressful. Before you even start running Linux I'd recommend you read a
> bit about the topic first. Reading the right things could give you some
> perspective on the matter.
>
> I know that is what I did, and I feel it helped me out to some extent. I
> read something along these lines:
>
> http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
>
> That should serve as a decent introduction.
>
> Stick with Linux because once you've learned enough to have some mastery
> of the system I think you'll be pretty impressed. I know I am.
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment