Friday, July 5, 2013

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mounting the floppy drive

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, James Jolin <james.jolin@...> wrote:
>
> I am using Mint 13 and I tried to mount the floppy using the mount
> command. The floppy is in the media directory, but not in the dev
> directory. In fact there is not any devices in the dev directory. I think
> I've forgotten some basic linux stuff. Need someone to quick start my
> brain.
> Jim wa9arb
> <snip>

When you checked for devices under /dev, did you use a command similar
to the following:

sudo ls /dev

There are always entries under /dev. I have not used a floppy in a
while but I believe they are listed as /dev/fd*. However another
way you can check given that it shows up as mounted under /media
is just the command "mount" which will tell you everything mounted
currently.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Loyal

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment