Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Twice the same program

 


Good afternoon
Mi Jul 17 16:39:46 2013
Thank You for help.

>>> > is it possible to install
>>> > twice
>>> > Firefox

>>
>> There are two reasons:
>> First learning Linux
>> just theoretical question.
>
> This is why I used to do a lot of random research when I was first
> introduced to Unix and Linux. I always enjoyed learning new things.
> I wish I had time to take some classes or do more individual study
> now, but I've mostly dropped down to casual linux use over the last 5
> years now that the job I have no longer requires it. I hope you
> continu to enjoy the learning journey. :-)
*
Thank You.
The computer is more smooth now after study Linux more and more.
First year very often I needed to do ALT STRG F1.

>
>>
>> Second
>> Example. I do install Firefox=FF twice.
>> So when one FF is crashing the second one will be alive.
>> And claws twice
>> I can split email accounts
>> two the two programmes.
>
> I tried to explain as much as I understand on this topic in another
> email.
*
I read it.
Thank You.

I wanted to point out here though that claws is supposed to
> support multiple email accounts as per their features page:
> <http://www.claws-mail.org/features.php?section=general>
*
Thank _You.
I am using 5 email accounts
in one claws.

But for separate
privat
business
two times claws would be helpful

Today I use thunderbird private
claws for business.

>
> Also, just in case you have a problem with that error message in
> Firefox "firefox is already running please close it first" or
> whatever it is, you can open a terminal and usually solve the issue
> with one of the following commands:
>
>>>> killall firefox
*
Thank You.

What will happen:
I open
terminal 1

I open terminal 2

Both terminals I am starting
firefox.

Are both firefox indenpendent?

>
> OR
>
>>>> ps -A | grep firefox
> that returns the process number of the running firefox, then:
>>>> kill -9 XXXX
> but instead of XXXX above, use the number of the firefox process. The
> '-9' is sending a kill signal that will not be ignored. You can use
> '-15' to send something more along the lines of a request that the
> program shuts down. search for 'Linux kill signals" to learn more
> about that if you are interested.
>
> Best, ~C
>

*
Thank You.

Thank You also for the kill command.

Regards
Sophie

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment