Monday, July 8, 2013

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mounting the floppy drive

Loyal,
Haven't had much time to experiment....sick spouse. There are things in
the dev directory. I got mixed up when composing my email. Someone gave
me the exact command line syntax for the mount command.....I had completely
forgotten that. The floppy is on my laptop. I am getting a usb floppy
for just this sort of thing. Thanks for all the help. Will find out how
linux treats usb floppies.
Jim



On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM, loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, James Jolin <james.jolin@...> wrote:
> >
> > Loyal,,
> > No I looked at /dev with midnight commander. I do see the floppy in
> > /etc/fstab. I will run the mount command and see what happens.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > <snip>
>
> Two things: (1) is this a floppy built into the computer or is it
> an external USB floppy? (2) Did you try the command I suggested from
> the command line?
>
> Loyal
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment