Saturday, December 17, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] N00Bie Here.....

 

Hi,

I've finally had enough of all I can stand of spyware, bots,
browser grabbers, crudware and MICRO$OFT.

I have an old Dell 2400 with 256 megs of RAM. The hard drive
is a 120 meg with only 27% used. I'd like to dual boot the
machine (I have another hard drive the same size - 120 megs.
I'm thinking this SHOULD be enough for what I want to do with
it, LOL!

As you can see by my return e-maul (flame)address, I'm a
licensed Amateur radio (Morse code) operator and have been for
32 years now. I cut my computer "teeth' on a Commodore 64
with DOS 1.0, so I'm used to command prompts. I went with the
IBM 'knock-off' machines up to DOS 6.22, then was forced to use
Windows.

My "part-time work", I'm medically retired and handicapped,
requires me to still use Windows XP Home, But, for my ham stuff,
I can use Linux (Xbuntu?).

Where I live in Louisiana, there aren't any linux users, it ALL
done with WINBLOW$ and a couple of RISC machines down at the
Sheriff's office.

I have "FREE" long distance, so if anyone could help me to get
the O/S loaded, peaked out, and running, I'd greatly appreciate
it. I can 'phone you so I cost you nothing but some time.

Thank you for your time,
Respectfully submitted,
Don

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment