Friday, December 2, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Need smallest OS

 

i booted my dell inspiron 15R with puppylinux
it can boot from pendrive or an optical medium and save all the files to the same drive back on exiting
the os resides totally on ram
so no need of hard disk
have a shot at puppylinux
its just a 128 mb iso
puppyliux.org

________________________________
From: dallas p <lakerspeg@yahoo.com>
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 1 December 2011 11:42 AM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Need smallest OS


 
I have an old laptop with a 5G hard drive. I would like to install a linux OS. I have not used Linux in over 10 years. I would like some suggestions as to which one to load and a place to download a bootable cd. I have lots of time to experiment now, I just need the starting point. I have an old Dell that works pretty darn good, but Windows XP and all the updates, are way too much for it. Looking forward to hearing all suggestions.
Thanks so much, Peggie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment