Monday, December 12, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Problem with spaces. Optware doesn't recognize " "

 

I am running Optware on a WDTV Live Plus. Everything is working great except for spaces.

When I try to make a folder like, mkdir New\ Downloads, or mkdir "New Downloads" I get 2 folders, "New" and "Downloads".

Also, when I try to move a folder with spaces I get the following error:

  1. # mv "Whos Been Sleeping In My House S01E04" /tmp/media/usb/New_Downloads/pending/
  2. /bin/mv: cannot stat `Whos': No such file or directory
  3. /bin/mv: cannot stat `Been': No such file or directory
  4. /bin/mv: cannot stat `Sleeping': No such file or directory
  5. /bin/mv: cannot stat `In': No such file or directory
  6. /bin/mv: cannot stat `My': No such file or directory
  7. /bin/mv: cannot stat `House': No such file or directory
  8. /bin/mv: cannot stat `S01E04': No such file or directory
Is this a problem with bash? How can I fix it?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment