Sunday, December 18, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] N00Bie Here.....

You can be of help to some Linux users here when it comes to Ham Radio on
Linux help.

There are a few distros that will run on your computer. Are you sure that
the drive is 120 MBs of HD? Hopes of dual booting are slim to nil if that
is the case. If you meant GBs then we can breath a sigh of relief and help
with dual booting.

Roy

Using Kubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 17 December 2011 23:07, ka5lqj <ka5.lqj@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I've finally had enough of all I can stand of spyware, bots,
> browser grabbers, crudware and MICRO$OFT.
>
> I have an old Dell 2400 with 256 megs of RAM. The hard drive
> is a 120 meg with only 27% used. I'd like to dual boot the
> machine (I have another hard drive the same size - 120 megs.
> I'm thinking this SHOULD be enough for what I want to do with
> it, LOL!
>
> As you can see by my return e-maul (flame)address, I'm a
> licensed Amateur radio (Morse code) operator and have been for
> 32 years now. I cut my computer "teeth' on a Commodore 64
> with DOS 1.0, so I'm used to command prompts. I went with the
> IBM 'knock-off' machines up to DOS 6.22, then was forced to use
> Windows.
>
> My "part-time work", I'm medically retired and handicapped,
> requires me to still use Windows XP Home, But, for my ham stuff,
> I can use Linux (Xbuntu?).
>
> Where I live in Louisiana, there aren't any linux users, it ALL
> done with WINBLOW$ and a couple of RISC machines down at the
> Sheriff's office.
>
> I have "FREE" long distance, so if anyone could help me to get
> the O/S loaded, peaked out, and running, I'd greatly appreciate
> it. I can 'phone you so I cost you nothing but some time.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Respectfully submitted,
> Don
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment