Saturday, December 10, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: MPD streaming AAC FLV

 



--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@...> wrote:
>
> Hello, all. I'm currently running Unslung 6.10 successfully with MPD
> 0.15.9. I'm able to stream MP3 encoded audio streams no problem, but I'm
> unable to stream AAC encoded FLV audio streams. MPD has supported AAC in
> versions >=0.14. I checked what was built into the version of MPD I'm
> running, and it indicates AAC support via FFMPEG (which I have installed,
> version 0.svn20080409).
>
> Running top while attempting to play the AAC stream indicates CPU
> utilization maxed out around 98%.
>
> Does anyone on this list have experience getting this to work on NSLU? Am
> I truly processor bound from decoding AAC FLV streams, or is there a work
> around to avoid (for instance) the necessity of a FPU to decode the AAC
> stream via FFMPEG?
>
> TIA.
>
Hello TIA,

I'm trying to stream radio also, but in my case it's through medaitomb to a PS3. When you say that you're "streaming mp3 encoded audio", are you talking about files or live streams? I'd read about people streaming radio through MPD, but I thought that is was just out to a USB speaker. Unfortunately, I can't help you with your question, but could you tell me more about your set up? Maybe I should be using that instead of mediatomb? Thanks.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment