Saturday, December 3, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: need help with centos configuring virtualbox comand line

 


I am a newbie asa you can tell. I installed vbox from someoens instructions not the package manager. What I have not been able to do is get virtual machine setup. I believe my problem is missing step to get virtual machine setup. I havent even got to the point where I can point to install file to install specific os.

I have been trying to learn by doing everything from command line. (centos was minimal install no gui. If I could get gui working with xming it may be easier?

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, c beck <usabecker@...> wrote:
>
> sent from a mobile device
> On Nov 30, 2011 8:01 PM, "Rodger" <rodger@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > I have centos 6 installed and I have
> > also installed VirtualBox. I desire to setup several virtual machines for
> > testing and learning purposes. I have a 8way server 16 cores and 32gigs of
> > ram. I dont have xwindows or any gui installed figured would be better to
> > learn from command line. I have also installed Virtualbox and Have
> > VBoxManage tool for cli. I created vm and registered it but must be
> missing
> > something. I would like to be able to install iso operating image from
> > another server that has my storage drives. Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.
>
> What do you mean by 'I created vm'...? Does that mean you've gotten the
> point of finishing the installation of an OS in vbox? A specific
> UI/application? I've not worked with vbox in a headless environment, but
> even so, with a beter understanding of what you are having an issue with,
> maybe I or someone else can better help. Also, did you install vbox
> through the centOS package manager (I have no idea what that distro uses,
> maybe dpkg?), or did you compile vbox from source (and if so did you set
> any options or check for conflicts in dependencies?)
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment