Sunday, December 18, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] N00Bie Here.....

 

The last(5.3) is dpkg supported. But with the system he said he had. It
probily is an 120GB.

david

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM, c beck <usabecker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whether GB or MB, they did mention having a separate HD from which they
> were intending to install linux. There's several options even with the
> smaller size, but puppy linux may be best if hoping to find click-n-go
> support for less common software packages as it is supposed to be dpkg
> compatable now I believe.
>
> sent from a mobile device
> On Dec 18, 2011 8:21 AM, "dvdpst" <dvdposton@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > Roy, I think he meant GB. Wasn't IBM the first with an HD of only 3 GB?
> > No, I take that back. I think it was 500 MB. I know it was small as OS/2
> > didn't need that much space.
> >
> > david
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You can be of help to some Linux users here when it comes to Ham Radio
> on
> > > Linux help.
> > >
> > > There are a few distros that will run on your computer. Are you sure
> that
> > > the drive is 120 MBs of HD? Hopes of dual booting are slim to nil if
> that
> > > is the case. If you meant GBs then we can breath a sigh of relief and
> > help
> > > with dual booting.
> > >
> > > Roy
> > >
> > > Using Kubuntu 11.10, 64-bit
> > > Location: Canada
> > >
> > >
> > > On 17 December 2011 23:07, ka5lqj <ka5.lqj@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > **
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > I've finally had enough of all I can stand of spyware, bots,
> > > > browser grabbers, crudware and MICRO$OFT.
> > > >
> > > > I have an old Dell 2400 with 256 megs of RAM. The hard drive
> > > > is a 120 meg with only 27% used. I'd like to dual boot the
> > > > machine (I have another hard drive the same size - 120 megs.
> > > > I'm thinking this SHOULD be enough for what I want to do with
> > > > it, LOL!
> > > >
> > > > As you can see by my return e-maul (flame)address, I'm a
> > > > licensed Amateur radio (Morse code) operator and have been for
> > > > 32 years now. I cut my computer "teeth' on a Commodore 64
> > > > with DOS 1.0, so I'm used to command prompts. I went with the
> > > > IBM 'knock-off' machines up to DOS 6.22, then was forced to use
> > > > Windows.
> > > >
> > > > My "part-time work", I'm medically retired and handicapped,
> > > > requires me to still use Windows XP Home, But, for my ham stuff,
> > > > I can use Linux (Xbuntu?).
> > > >
> > > > Where I live in Louisiana, there aren't any linux users, it ALL
> > > > done with WINBLOW$ and a couple of RISC machines down at the
> > > > Sheriff's office.
> > > >
> > > > I have "FREE" long distance, so if anyone could help me to get
> > > > the O/S loaded, peaked out, and running, I'd greatly appreciate
> > > > it. I can 'phone you so I cost you nothing but some time.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you for your time,
> > > > Respectfully submitted,
> > > > Don
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------------
> > >
> > > To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> > > LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> > > Groups Links
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment