Monday, June 18, 2012

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Live CD/DVD

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "KLaus" <klauslms@...> wrote:
>
> Sorry for delay, but I have no older copy of UBUNTU.
> But 12.04 comes up with no screen, but after some time I can hear the " little drum roll".
> Second Itriend Scientific Linux, initialisation stopps with the errormessage "BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000000000001c ". What does that mean?
> Regards
> Charlyms
>

If it was me and I had to take a wild stab at it I'd MD5sum the disk image I was using and if that tested good then I'd run memtest.

Both of those options are available to select when you run the install CD. Normally I'd say good luck but in your case I'm going to say I hope your CD fails its integrity test. I think it is the best thing you can have bad.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment